Led by Physiotherapist Mairead Hallissey and Midwife Jo Watson
- Preparing for childbirth is an exciting time for parents however, many go through this time with questions about their pregnant bodies and safe exercise unanswered. At BalanceNorth, our practitioners have undergone extra training in pre-natal and post-natal care and are passionate about empowering people to have the most comfortable and smooth pregnancy they can.
Join us for an informative and interactive information session by our lead physiotherapist, Mairead Hallissey accompanied by experienced midwife Jo Watson.
This information session is suitable for any parents-to-be and new parents. Topics that will be covered:
- What happens to your body during pregnancy
- Common pregnancy related pain and how to avoid these (including lower back pain and leg cramps)
- Posture and exercise in pregnancy
- What you should know about your pelvic floor
The information session will then be followed by a short exercise class. The focus of the class will be on relaxing and gentle exercises to help calm both you and baby.
Pre-event registration is compulsory through MindBody or contacting the BalanceNorth team.
Date: Thursday 17th of June.
Time: 6:30pm for a 7pm session
Address: Lvl 1, 353 Plenty Road, Preston